Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
In this “always-on” world, we believe it is important to have a genuine connection with the work you do. CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we’re always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and Cloud introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
What to expect
This role is instrumental in driving the adoption of lean into excellence culture by maximizing profitability through world class manufacturing strategies and their tactical deployment that drives value creation & waste elimination. Adopt methods where we are continually seeking Zero waste, Zero defects and Zero customer complaints. Closely supervise and evaluate how we craft, produce and deliver our solutions and services. Optimize crucial activities to improve operational speed, quality and safety at an efficient cost.
You Will Make an Impact By:
Improving the customer experience based on CommScope delivering outstanding performance and products. Creating an all encompassing environment focused on waste elimination and improving value. Assisting local partners to improve the organization through their personal development of knowledge, understanding & enabling deployment of change through Lean/6 sigma principles and techniques.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- As a leader, your role will encompass CommScope’s Extended Value Stream which will include but not be limited to - Supply Chain (Suppliers, Supplier Logistics, Direct Shipment), Operations (factory, inter entity & DCs including supporting logistics, Local Site Business Process (indirect functions and IT systems and infrastructure not including corp IT functions) and customer related processes.
- Create an environment locally that promotes, communicates, educates, deploys and delivers consistent performance to continuous improvement goals through a balance of quality and speed. Supports Integrity of Design, Production and Delivery at optimum cost, based on the business need to meet the customer requirements. Coaches and drives resolution of systemic quality issues to ensure reduced waste and improved customer satisfaction. Monitor execution of local and own objectives to goal and initiating course changes as and when required in support of goal attainment.
- Create a Kaizen culture that adopts “speed” for positive change. Create learning environment that achieves goals, through effective training and support of skill development in program. Be an integral partner to design, operations, manufacturing engineering, quality, Planning, Procurement, PLM in Continuous Improvement.
- Acquire proficiency and understanding of profit improvement (PIP) goals attainment for the local site, reporting PIP status/results and obtain CAPEX financial awareness and acuity to support PIPs
- Encourage development of our people through active learning via workshops. Training, mentoring, and coaching with regards to utilization of appropriate tools and techniques like Lean, Six Sigma, VSM to reduce waste and variability, improve processes, and identify and mitigate risks. Assist with the execution of CommScope’s local belt program white, orange, green and where required black belt certified practitioners
- Bachelors degree ideally in engineering with five years of related experience ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in CI tools like Lean Manufacturing, TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poka Yoke, etc. Certified black belt.
- Ability to train and educate employees at all levels of the organization. Lead project teams through the program using associated tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Excellent decision making and interpersonal skills and an ability to run multiple projects and priorities
- Strong MS Excel skills.
We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and while growing their careers. We know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions. Here, you will find a collaborative work environment that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future!
You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the company’s annual incentive plan.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.