Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Manager of Services Proposals and Product Line Management and will drive the Bid/Quote team through engagement by development, implementation, and management of pre and post-sale service for the business, including:
- Directly manage the North American professional services Bid/Quote team and indirectly manage the process and metrics of the entire global team.
- Own the ingest, routing, processing and outflow of quoting/scoping and RFP responses for the professional services organization.
- Manage the timeliness of responses to meet sales/customer demands
- Develop and manage metrics and measurements around the Bid/Quote functions for professional services
- Create an environment to evaluation and improvement utilizing resources, tools and process
- The Bid/Quote team being managed has responsibility for the following: Evaluation of cost and market conditions to price services, Business case development for new services, Scope and quote development for professional services and system integration, Drive and lead support delivery cost reduction and process improvement activities to increase the value of existing services, create new services for our customers, and leverage talent of team to maximize value, Drive programs to increase service sales through quote creation and support of the sales organization, Manage relationship with deployment team, engineering and project management to determine standard cost structure to support various service offerings, Pre-Sales support to drive service sales including sales and customer presentations, trade show support, new service marketing support, proposal creation and support, Interaction with customer to define service needs and create solutions, Technical development, definition scoping of service solutions, Leading interaction with PMO, engineering, deployment leads, CTO and service executives.
Will need the following skills to complete the activities of the job:
- Strong organization and program management skills
- Ability to lead a team of resources across many departments
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytical, and presentation skills, both verbal & written
- Experience in proposal creation, costing and pricing for customer proposals
- Ability to directly manage reports and provide guidance to teams of people that are not direct reports
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams such as product management, technical support, services engineering, legal, sales, marketing communications and customer program management across the US and international markets.
- Experience developing organization and automation process flows to meet a desired outcome.
- Experience with customer relationship management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of service contract industry best practices, preferably specific to video and data infrastructure equipment
- Strong influence management skills
- Self-motivated and driven to excel in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree, Preferred MBA or some business experience required
- Five+ years’ experience in proposal management required.
- Cable/telco industry experience preferred, with process improvement and proposal tool automation background.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.