Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Provide technical leadership and program management across functional teams comprised of multi-disciplined personnel. Plan, conduct, and facilitate work in adherence to standard program deliverables while ensuring financial objectives.
CommScope is looking for a Program Manager having wide-ranging experience and recognized as advanced individual contributor, using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment.
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- This individual will focus on program management and delivery of Managed Services solutions including Managed Router and Service Provider Wi-Fi solution that consists of multiple components, systems and 3rd party HW/SW for the Core platform as well as providing ongoing Managed Services. The need for strong program management is critical to address the scoping, sizing and definition of the solution and services required, as well as the ability to then assume responsibility for ensuring the successful implementation and delivery of the product. The need of coordinating multiple, interlinked projects or activities of a complex solution over the life cycle and duration of the overall program highlights the need for a skilled and committed program management resource with prior successful experience in similar roles.
- As a program manager, this individual will serve as an interface to the customers as well be a subject matter expert as it relates to internal development processes, metrics, team dynamics, risk mitigation, and industry best practices in these areas. Will provide guidance and apply expert level knowledge in areas such as conducting project risk assessment, requirements gathering, and lessons-learned activities.
- This position requires travel, up to 25% of the time.
Related Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Arts or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years in Broadband Technology or related industry including, 3 years of progressive experience in program management.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge base of Project Management methodology
- Knowledge base of Agile software development methodology
- Experience in managing large, multi-vendor integration projects
- Ability to host, direct all party project meetings including design reviews, integration readiness reviews, status reviews, change control boards and any other forum to enable the delivery of the solution.
- Ability to prepare and manage project plans requiring a high degree of attention to detail, and to track costs and resource utilization against the plan.
- Strong change management expertise and ability to effectively implement and track this as part of a large, complex project.
- Knowledge and experience in sizing and scoping integration efforts based on preliminary data.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams that may have geographically dispersed team members
- Strong communication skills and comfortable engaging with executives as part of a defined governance structure.
- Strong negotiating skills including schedule negotiation with commercial teams, third parties and customers
- Ability to work collaboratively with customer account manager and experience in managing project manager(s) who would be responsible for individual sub projects that comprise the larger program.
- Experience of customer and stakeholder management
Open to Horsham, PA or Santa Clara, CA
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.