This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Commscope is looking to hire a Product Line Manager to work out of Shakopee MN
Responsible for the profitable growth of a mature product line. May have responsibilities for bringing line extensions to market but also has overall product line management responsibility. Responsibilities include product line strategy, pricing, profitability, and marketing. Position has cross-functional responsibility working with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Distribution Channels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With direction from manager, manages the product life cycle. Shared accountability for the product lines P&L, including: revenue attainment, gross margin and operating income. Supports sales and marketing efforts by assisting in research of market opportunities and competitors with existing product line in assigned markets. Work with Sales and Marketing to develop sales and marketing presentations where additional technical expertise is required on specific solutions, applications, architectures, or assigned markets. Responsible for maintaining product evaluations on competitive product offers.
- Attends trade shows, reviews market / trade publications and interfaces with sales workforce. Participates in technology and product roadmap development.
- Develops product definition including price, cost and performance objectives, reliability and functional features, manufacturability, and life cycle forecasts. Identifies and selects sales channels to distribute products to targeted markets / customers. Develops new production introduction plan.
- Initiates and participates in the development of all marketing collateral material. Establishes sales promotions and special incentive programs. Prepares technical databases for proposal generation. Develops and conducts product, market and application training. Ensures successful transition to manufacturing. Supports sales through joint sales calls. Conducts product review meetings. Establishes and monitors product introduction budget
- Monitors profit and loss (P&L), evaluating, recommending and initiating cost reductions, discount analyses and inventory levels. Develops and evaluates opportunities for new products and / or line extensions.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Engineering, Science or Business Administration with at least 8 years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in a role working with or supporting PLM is required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to articulate complex concepts to a broad range of internal and external audiences;
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with several types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally;
- Must have effective presentation skills;
- Ability to work simultaneously on many priorities, which change frequently;
- Assertive, persuasive and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel upto 10% (including international travel)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.