ARRIS is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to create entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At ARRIS, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. ARRIS customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
This individual will provide project leadership and management for cross-functional, multi-site teams to meet project objectives as defined for internal/external product development projects & programs in the Access Technologies business unit. This individual will plan , conduct, and facilitate work in adherence with standard project and process deliverables while ensuring key program objectives are successfully achieved.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and leading single or multiple internal/external projects from concept to release, in accordance with company defined product development processes and procedures.
- Performs project planning, tracking, and reporting. Responsible for maintaining project metrics, communicating project status, issues, and requirements both verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating resources required to meet commitments, project goals and objectives. Works with management to resolve task resource and project issue bottlenecks.
- Responsible for leading teams in the assessment of project risks/mitigation strategies and communicating these to appropriate stakeholders in the organization.
- Responsible for program budgeting, capital appropriations, and project cost estimating. Responsible for executing purchase orders as necessary to support development programs and other required activities.
- Serves as the key escalation point for technical and logistical issues for assigned programs.
- Responsible for direct communication to relevant senior stakeholders and leads complex communications with internal or external stakeholders.
- Recommends corrective actions and implements changes, as necessary to project scope and project responsibilities. May also drive process improvement(s) across departments and business groups
- As necessary and/or required, serve in an interface or leadership role as it pertains to OEM, ODM agreements, as well as ERP integration efforts.
- Serve in a lead role with respect to internal & external ISO9001 process audits.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Successful track record of managing teams in a combined project and matrix line management environment from concept to release, including new product introduction into manufacturing.
- Experience planning and executing complex new development projects with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with Stage-Gate and Agile development methodologies.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work effectively in virtual teams. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate teams to achieve project goals and work cohesively to achieve shared goals.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Project Management tools, including MSProject, SharePoint, Confluence, Oracle EBS, and Agile PLM.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Business) or equivalent.
- 5-7 years project management experience in telecommunications or related field.
- PMP Certification preferred
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.