This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a Senior OAM Systems Architect , Platform & Network in our Chelmsford, MA office you will be a member of the Systems Engineering team you will be responsible for defining system requirements, working with engineering development to help design the system and working with QA to help verify the requirements for our LTE & 5G based products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define testable system and feature requirements for CommScope Small Cell products. Requirements should be defined for a scalable and extensible system architecture.
- Conduct review(s) for your requirements and address/discuss review comments from cross functional teams.
- Work with engineering development and QA to help generate appropriate work estimates for your requirements.
- Review design documents from engineering development for your requirements.
- Define verification test strategy for your requirements to help QA understand the scope of its testing.
- Review unit test plan from engineering for your requirements.
- Review system verification test plan from QA for your requirements.
- Review and provide feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization.
- Engage with customers on explaining technical details of our products and propose solutions for customer specific requirements.
- The position may require some software development and review of software.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Broad knowledge of systems engineering concepts (definition and analysis for requirements, performance, capacity, availability, reliability, scalability, etc.)
- Experience with Element Management System concepts (OAM/OA&M, FCAPS)
- Experience with testing, deep dive troubleshooting and solving complex real-world platform, protocol, security and networking issues
- Experience with device management frameworks and protocols such as TR069, NETCONF, SNMP etc. and data models such as MIB
- Experience in IP and related technologies including IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols, SIP, https, SSL/TLS
- Familiarity with the concepts of NFV, VNF, Cloud platforms and orchestration
- Familiarity with HW security architecture/concepts
- Familiarity with simulation techniques and tools
- Familiarity in at least one layer of LTE technology and standards.
- Familiarity in at least one wireless technology (WIFI, 3GPP/3GPP2)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication or a related field with 5+ years of experience. Experienced engineers with BS degrees and higher years of experience may be considered.
- Knowledge in databases concepts & database programming
- Experience with scripting languages like SHELL, TCL, Perl, Python for test automation
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Linux/Unix
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.