The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office is currently recruiting for highly motivated individuals with excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving ability to fill full-time Detention Officer roles. In these positions, you will provide safety and security of inmates confined in the Catawba County Detention Facility as well as process inmates in and out of the Detention facility.
The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office responds to approximately 115,000 calls for service each year and is comprised of 245 Deputies, Detention Officers and Employees. The Sheriff’s Office is responsible for responding to calls for service, court security, crime prevention, serving civil process and criminal papers, sex offender registrations, investigating crime, providing School Resource Officers at County High and Middle Schools and CVCC, Narcotics, and the Detention Center that currently houses 260 inmates (close to 600 after expansion in 2020).
*ADDITIONAL SALARY INFORMATION:
- A 2.5% salary increase is given upon successful completion of jail school.
- Detention Officers with advanced degrees will receive extra pay based on highest degree obtained: Associates ($.25 per hour), Bachelors ($.50 per hour), Masters ($.75 per hour).
- Detention Officers who possess a Law Enforcement Intermediate Certificate will receive an additional $.25 per hour.
- Detention Officers who possess a Law Enforcement Advanced Certificate will receive an additional $.50 per hour.
- A salary increase is given annually upon a successful performance review (dependent upon budget availability).
- Bilingual extra duty pay is provided upon successful completion of testing (dependent upon budget availability).
- Detention Officers work 12.25 hour shifts, and get a three-day weekend off every other weekend (Fri-Sun), working 14 days out of a 28 day pay period.
- Applicants must be available to work day and night shifts.
- Pay is bi-monthly (every 14 days).
- Excellent benefits are offered, including competitive pay, health insurance, dental insurance, and up to a 2% 401K match.
- Interview dates: December 16 and 17, 2020 (Save these dates. Applicants chosen to interview will be contacted approximately one week before interview date to schedule interview.)
- To be considered complete the on line Catawba County application in entirety.