- A 2.5% salary increase is given upon successful completion of jail school.
- Detention Officers with advanced degrees will receive extra pay based on highest degree obtained: Associates ($.25 per hour), Bachelors ($.50 per hour), Masters ($.75 per hour).
- Detention Officers who possess a Law Enforcement Intermediate Certificate will receive an additional $.25 per hour.
- Detention Officers who possess a Law Enforcement Advanced Certificate will receive an additional $.50 per hour.
- A salary increase is given annually upon a successful performance review (dependent upon budget availability).
- Bilingual extra duty pay is provided upon successful completion of testing (dependent upon budget availability).
- Detention Officers work 12.25 hour shifts, and get a three-day weekend off every other weekend (Fri-Sun), working 14 days out of a 28 day pay period.
- Applicants must be available to work day and night shifts.
- Pay is bi-monthly (every 14 days).
- Excellent benefits are offered, including competitive pay, health insurance, dental insurance, and up to a 2% 401K match.
- Interview dates: November 11 and 12, 2020 (Save these dates. Applicants chosen to interview will be contacted approximately one week before interview date to schedule interview.)
- To be considered complete the on line Catawba County application in entirety.