Summary: Business Development Director responsibilities include developing long-term relationships with a portfolio of HSM clients in the Bedding Market, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. Business Development Directors will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products according to customer needs. Manage and develop client accounts to initiate and maintain favorable relationship with clients. Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 10+ years of experience in the Home Furnishings or Bedding field. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks associated with account management. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Will report to Director of Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with HSM customers
- Work with Bed In A Box or DTC mattress companies to develop new programs for HS products
- Communicate with internal support team members on a regular basis to ensure customers satisfaction.
- Help customers through email, phone, and in person meetings
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key account metrics-sales to budget
- Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Monitor and analyze customer's usage of our products
- Responsible for working with the Sales team to onboard and integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships
- Liaise between the customer and internal teams
Qualifications: Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Master’s Degree preferred or 10+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated progressive growth experience Business Development
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and management experience
- Strong computer skills/experience, including MS Office Suite
- Strategic experience leading a team, developing business plans, and coordinating marketing efforts in support of new product/new customer outreach
- Proven sales and negotiation experience including superior customer service experience required.
- Up to 50% Travel – Ability to operate from remote office.