Leads by example in the execution and delivery of exceptional customer service. Supports Peoples Bank and BusinessCenter mission statement, goals, new initiatives and customer-focused sales culture.
Responsible for the supervision of teller line as well as the development of professional tellers. Directs and supports training and cross training ECS and referral efforts of teller staff for the branch.
Maintains the vault and a cash drawer, ensures that proper bank procedures are followed in daily balancing. Responsible for handling customer transactions quickly, efficiently, and in a courteous manner within established policies and procedures.
Sets an example for ECS (Exceptional Customer Service) and cross-sell efforts by referring a minimum of 15 customers per month.
- Maintain excellent customer relations.
- Recognize customer needs and refer to CSR, loan officer, branch manager, and appropriate area.
- Utilize CRM tools (i.e. Leadbuilder, 360 View) to identify and document additional customer needs and cross sell opportunities.
- Seek out or handle customer problems and complaints when tellers are unable to do so.
- Supervise, educate, and coach development of tellers
- Manage use of CRM tools by teller staff and coach staff on proper use of banner cross sell messages
- Set goals for self as well as assist tellers in setting and attaining goals and objectives.
- Support tellers to ensure proper operations, use of fraud deterrent tools, security, and customer relationship procedures are followed.
- Schedule and conduct regular teller meetings
- Evaluate teller performance and make recommendations to the manager about promotions, raises, and dismissals.
- Assist Business Center Manager to assure proper security for branch.
- Assign new tellers to OJT partner to monitor progress.
- Monitor & reduce teller's losses i.e.: over/short Cash Items.
- Process all types of customer transactions.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Requires a high school graduate or equivalent with additional banking courses helpful. Strong math skills are necessary, knowledge of branch operations and ability to monitor/forecast cash needs for office location.
A minimum of 2-5 years previous teller experience is preferred. Ability to handle diverse transactions varying in complexity. Overall knowledge of Bank operations would be helpful in understanding why procedures are set and followed. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Good problem solving skills a must.
Manual dexterity and proficiency with calculator are required. PC, typewriter and data entry skills required. Must have excellent communications and customer relations skills.