This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
- Supports the Vice President, Corporate Audit & Advisory lead an integrated team of professionals in a dynamic environment that includes pursuit of continuous improvement of our practices. The Corporate Audit & Advisory Director role involves developing and updating the annual audit plan based on a comprehensive risk assessment process; managing operational, financial, and compliance audit projects; deploying a data analysis strategy; providing insight and value to management on best practices and matters of risks and controls; developing individual and team professional competencies; and recruiting qualified and talented professionals.
- Works independently under general supervision with the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, initiative and judgment. Drives maturity of the internal audit function and acts as a positive change agent in support of acquisition integration and business transformation.
- Ensures that resources are efficiently and effectively deployed, and work conforms to the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the VP, Corporate Audit & Advisory position the internal audit function as a thought leader on risk management and governance to include:
- Evaluating governance frameworks and the effectiveness of the company’s risk management processes in an environment of business transformation and acquisition integration.
- Perform advisory services related to fraud, governance, risk management, internal control and process effectiveness, to include a leadership role in maturing the company’s ERM program and facilitating the annual enterprise risk assessment process.
- Reporting significant risk exposures and control issues, relating to strategic, financial, technology and operational or other matters as needed or requested by management or the Audit Committee.
- Assist the VP, Corporate Audit & Advisory in delivering audit plan focused on business issues and risks, demonstrating:
- Meaningful understanding of the company’s systems and processes, business objectives, key risks, and financial and operational policies.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment techniques including interview and survey processes, management of audit universe, risk prioritization, and development of audit plan.
- Knowledge of external factors, such as economic environment, regulatory compliance and emerging risks, and their potential impact on the company’s risk profile.
- Manage integrated audit teams by overseeing project management duties related to planning, coordinating, execution of fieldwork, and reporting, ensuring that:
- Planning and risk assessments are performed for each audit project to ensure that key risks are identified and addressed by the audit scope.
- Audit reports are well written, risk ratings appropriately reflect business issues, and recommendations are clearly presented, address root cause, and are agreed to by management.
- Efforts between Corporate Audit & Advisory, the Internal Controls PMO and the external auditors related to the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program are coordinated.
- Workpapers supporting audit projects are completed and reviewed timely and in accordance with key performance indicators and appropriate quality and professional standards.
- Advance data analysis strategy, tools and techniques deployed by Corporate Audit & Advisory by focusing on:
- Building business acumen and data capabilities within the team through training, recruiting, internal partnerships, and/or co-sourcing.
- Following a consistent process to identify and evaluate activities throughout the internal audit lifecycle to identify the best opportunities for data analysis and automation.
- Collaboration with other functions to help the company make the appropriate investments in digital technologies and capabilities.
- Identifying new data and technology-driven capabilities and service offerings, such as continuous auditing, to monitor risk areas in real time and provide value-added services to the business.
- Cultivate a high-performance culture by investing in the career development and progression of our people by focusing on efforts to:
- Build and manage effective teams, promoting teamwork, diversity, and positive morale.
- Coach and mentor managers and staff and support direct reports in the development and promotion of learning plans and long-term career goals.
- Identify and recruit qualified and talented professionals to meet short and long-term needs through a variety of sources (e.g. guest auditors, contractors, internal resources, and external marketplace).
- Stay current on best practices, professional standards, implementation guidelines, and regulatory requirements. Introduce relevant practices to the Corporate Audit & Advisory team on a regular basis.
Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related curriculum required.
- Experience to include a minimum of 8+ years of related experience, including at least 5 years of project management or managing audit / compliance activities.
- Certification (CPA/CIA/CISA or equivalent) by examination required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead diverse teams and promote career development and progression.
- Ability to delegate work, deliver results, deal with complex concepts, practice focused listening and gain cooperation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in a variety of settings and styles to include executive management meetings and board level presentations.
- Technical proficiency with a variety of software applications, audit management solutions and data analytics tools.
- Working knowledge of enterprise risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and COSO framework preferred.
- Acquisition integration, business transformation, and/or change management and manufacturing or technology & telecommunications industry experience preferred.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.