This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Senior IT Auditor to join our team in Suwanee, GA or Hickory, NC.
CommScope is looking for a seasoned professional to serve as Experienced Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor for the Corporate Audit & Advisory department. The candidate will join an established team, reporting to the Technology Senior Audit Manager. He or she plays a key role in helping to embed robust internal controls over technology and a wider role in the review of our business. This position will help manage critical aspects of the Technology Audit area of the Internal Audit department including coordination with the Financial / IT groups on Sarbanes-Oxley testing activities, execution of any technology related Internal Audit projects, and coordination with external auditors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assist with audit project planning, including risk assessment, scope and budgeting of time.
- Provide subject matter expertise in IT general computer controls (e.g., logical security, change management, operations, disaster recovery), application, infrastructure areas (e.g. firewalls, operating systems, databases, etc.), and strong knowledge of information security risks.
- Execute IT SOX 404 compliance engagements including, testing internal control design and operating effectiveness, providing guidance to process owners, rationalizing controls, and proactively communicating/tracking control improvement opportunities to completion.
- Execute audit procedures and document results of testing. This includes being familiar with audit software, data interrogation tools, and documentation standards.
- Prepare well-written audit findings, including remediation recommendations, submit timely to engagement management for review and follow-up.
- Lead audit projects demonstrating the ability to review staff audit work to ensure it is well organized and meets test objectives.
- Provide proactive status updates to the IT Audit leadership, Internal Audit team, IT/process owners, and external auditors.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with management and Corporate Audit & Advisory team through individual contact and meetings.
- Participate in special projects pertaining to IT compliance initiatives, as needed.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years internal and/or external audit experience required
- 2+ years project management or audit lead experience.
- CISA/CIA/CPA/CISSP or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Ability to organize and develop the audit report executive summary, prioritize audit findings, and assign appropriate risk ratings.
- Strong knowledge of audit techniques, methodologies, and best practices including around Sarbanes Oxley Section 404/302 and Internal Audit.
- Strong knowledge of Internal Audit frameworks including performing risk assessments, creating / updating control documentation, testing controls, tracking deficiencies, and recommending solutions.
- Action oriented, sets priorities, and maintains a drive for completing assignments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in a variety of settings and styles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within diverse teams.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software applications (e.g. Microsoft products).
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and ITIL and COBIT frameworks is preferred.
- Experience with audit tools and data analytics software preferred.
- Experience with the following systems and technical platforms: SAP, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, Databases and Cloud Systems, including Oracle application knowledge preferred.
- Financial audit experience with large publicly-traded company or public accounting firm preferred.
- Comfortable with up to 25% travel
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.